10 Tips on How to De-stress at Work
Starting to feel the crunch? If you’re looking for ways to relieve stress at work, we’ve got you covered. Print out this list and keep it at your desk for when you need a breather. Remember, there are a lot of ways to make things a little more manageable and to keep your stress in check.
1. Put on some music Pop in your headphones and play something soothing to help reduce anxiety.
2. Take a few deep breaths through your nose The extra oxygen helps reduce tension and relieve built-up stress.
3. Eat a healthy snack Pick something that will fill you up and keep you energized, such as nuts or fruit.
4. Get a plant Not only does a plant make your space a little more relaxing but it will also purify the air.
5. Step away from the screen Sometimes, all you need is a quick change of scenery and that little shift can put things into perspective.
6. Keep a to-do list Prioritize what needs to get done and cross things off your list as you accomplish them. Seeing progress will keep you motivated.
7. Laugh Watch a quick video, message a friend, or talk to a co-worker. Sometimes a smile and a little laughter can reset your mood and give you the focus you need to get things done.
8. Workspace makeover This can be anything from a spring clean to adding a picture frame. A clean and calming space will let you focus on what you need to.
9. Go for a walk Heading outside for some fresh air will clear your head and boost endorphins (special brain chemicals that reduce stress!)
10. Stretch You can do this right from your chair or get up and do a few quick stretches to invigorate your body and feel refreshed.